Wednesday, April 01, 2009

my dreambrain likes puns or something

I was hanging out with Tony Stark (yes, Iron Man) one night when I was hi with a very sudden attack of anemia. Mr. Stark was carrying me up from his pool area when we met a small group of guerrilla paparazzi coming down to meet us. They had leaves and bits of twig fastened to their hats and outfits, and were grinning at us as they snapped pictures. Of course Mr. Stark was furious, so he very gently put me down, and proceeded to throw the guys into the pool behind us. Upon hitting the water, they turned into ducks. Tony picked me back up and we went back to his house proper, where he put me down on a trendy couch and got me some iron pills and a glass of water. When I was feeling a bit better, he made us both some rare steaks and asparagus tips, and we watched some cartoons on a big projector screen.

At about 2am real time, I woke up very pleased and then fell immediately back asleep. The important thing to remember was that I was having trouble with iron defficiency while hanging out with Iron Man. The second dream is harder to explain, but I shall try my best.

I was in england hanging out with some relatives and friends. Since they most have pubs and not a whole lot of cocktail bars in the UK, we had gotten several bottles of different liquors, mixers, etc, and I was playing bartender. I turned to the freezer to get some more ice for a martini and one of my friends stopped me, and said 'Watch out for grandad.' I was like "Wtf are you on about?' and turned to the freezer. I was just about to open it when a skeleton torso, arms and a head popped out and went the silent movie equiv. of 'BOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!' Of course I dropped the drink I was carrying and screamed. The skeleton looked pleased and went back into the icebox. All I remember after this bit was at some point a narrator took over and began explaining as thus:

'....In 1885, the families servants began the custom of burying their dead in garbage heaps as the graveyards were overflowing. Not everyone agreed with this however. One woman was so distraught over losing her husband that she moved his place of burial a full 14 times before finally dying of chollera at 76. The body's final resting place was in the woman's icebox. Reportedly, she liked to remove the skeletal frame of her husband in order to have morning tea with her...'

At this point my alarm went off.

1 comment:

Scott said...

you my friend are WEIRD.